Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Great Night For The NBA On Thursday

As usual,  TNT has a great lineup for its Thursday night broadcast. At 8pm eastern time we get to see Lebron and the Heat go into Oklahoma City for the first time since game 2 of the NBA Finals. After that we get to see the Clippers go on "the road" to play the Lakers. Heres a few things to look for in these games, lets start with Miami at OKC.  The first thing I am curious to see is whether Russel Westbrook will continue to try to do too much when playing Miami. I realize this is because of his competitive spirit and he wants to beat Miami badly but he needs to play smarter and let Durant do the offensive work. Speaking of Durant, I want to see him do something to Lebron. I am not saying I want him to fight Lebron, but enough of this overfriendly atmosphere in the NBA. Lebron is not your boy, stop working out with him in the offseason and start dunking on him. He is your main rival and is playing tremendous basketball right now, take the challenge to defend him and give him a few hard fouls to let him know the deal. I hope I see no conversations or handshakes between Durant and Lebron before the game. If Miami plays up to their potential then they will win comfortably, but if Oklahoma City can force Miami into contested jump shots and get their great crown involved then they can win this game.




Next we have the Clippers trying to put the dagger into the Lakers. It is still hard for me to convince myself that a team with Steve Nash, Kobe, and Dwight Howard can actually miss the playoffs but this is starting to seem likely. Kobe is playing his heart out and I have to give him a tremendous amount of respect, but Dwight is a clown and will always be a clown. He feels bad for himself after he misses shots and has a poor attitude overall. I know that Kobe and Nash can not stand playing with this clown. On Thursday I expect the Clippers to play inspired basketball with CP3 back and attempt to blow the Lakers out. We know Kobe will, but unless Dwight shows up then the Lakers will be blown out.
                                                                        

0 comments: